Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Swaddle Blankets


These blankets are amazing.  I choose to swim against the tide and mostly don't swaddle.  I know, how crazy of me ;)  That said, I use these blankets for so much more.  I use them almost every day in some fashion for my 5 month old.  As a newborn, I did swaddle Caleb in them for a month or two.  I use them to block the sun out in the car.  I drape them over half of his car seat because I still want him to be able to look out the back window.  I also use them as a nursing cover.  I prefer them over my actual nursing covers.  Unfortunately, Caleb is starting to learn he can pull them down so I might have to switch to the covers that have a neck thing so he can't expose me ;)  They are also perfect as a light blanket.  They are so very breathable but still provide some warmth.  Love them!  I have been known to use them as a "changing pad" if I'm out in a random place changing a diaper.  They are much easier to tote along than a real changing pad (but obviously less comfortable for baby's back).  If I ever have or adopt a girl, I'm going to splurge and get the girl pack just because new babies need new things too!  I received the boy pack (not the ones pictured...I couldn't find the ones I have) as a gift.  I'm so glad I did because I would never have dropped $50 for them myself.  Now, if I can afford it, it is one of my standard shower gifts for new mothers.  You can get them online in smaller packs or a 4-pack at Target. 
Real-life photo:

No comments: