Saturday, July 04, 2009

What a Crapp-A+ Bo Funk Day

It is July 4th so of course I had to work a double, but of course it didn't matter cuz it wasn't like I was invited to go anywhere else except to downtown K-town with my mom which of course was impossible!

-SO-
it did start out ok...like so:



See-not so bad. All these cute little flags in row on a misty dew-covered early morning. The day shift at work was alright. Got to work with Tiffany as charge nurse which is always laugh out loud! Walk home on my lunch break, play with my dog, eat my PB sandwich. Which, incidentally, Dr. Bir informed me would make my acne worse. I must wonder was he referring to acne in general or my acne? Cuz if it is the latter, all I got to say ruuuhuuude. Hmph.


So, then at shift change my day starts to go downhill. SLOW BORING MINUTES CREEP BY. At shift change, my Tiffany leaves (sad face) & I go home on my dinner break (in the pouring rain) to feed Bella & let her out (in the pouring rain). I specifically took a late dinner so that after dinner, Bella would only have to wait 3 hours until I got home.


On my way out the door heading back to work, I shut the door like I do every day except my genius self left my perfect wonderful beautiful keys INSIDE. oh yeah, so I think maybe the back door is open. Nope. Maybe Simon has a key. Nope. Maybe Mark & Sue have a key. Nope. Maybe Sara has a key. Nope. So I could call a locksmith at 8:30 at night on the 4th of July to open my door for probably $200 or I could freak out. I chose the latter. I walk back to work, call DW on the hunt for Karole & Blair. Find them & they have a key! This was so the highlight of my day. My exquisite husband gave them a key a long time ago "just in case". He knows me so well!! Of course it was God more than my husband, but I'm glad God used my husband to save my butt :)

So dear sweet Angie not only lets me leave work to drive out to Hurricane to get my key, but she loans me her pimp Ford Explorer cuz I didn't have my keys. It is the sweetest ride. I loved it.

Anyway, get my key. Admire the new home, stop to take a picture of a firework:
note-it is a very small firework :)


Drop the explorer off, go home, & find Bella in her kennel COVERED IN POOP!! Oh my, I mean, really? 2 hours Bella? Really? Come on, we all have to hold it sometimes!! 2 flippin' hours?? Gimme a break. I think she was just mad at me for leaving. So at 11pm, I am giving my stinky dog a bath while my cat meows mercilessly to come into the bathroom, then out, then in, then out. Sometimes I wish animals were just a little bit smarter.

-SO-
I am now in my PJ's with a sweet-smelling dog & a fat cat & although it's been a tiring day, I'm feeling pretty happy:)
...& I am SO looking forward to my bed.

1 comment:

Shaffer said...

You had an interesting fourth, baby. As I recall on that day I took a bus from one base to another (we were supposed to get a cool ride in a helicopter, but pilots don't fly on the 4th, apparently.). Late that night I saw the glimpse of a far away fireworks show low down in the trees out the window of our tent and I missed you so bad. I wondered what your day was like. I must say in my heartsick dream, I imagined a much better day than you really had. :) I wish I was with you, darling.