Monday, January 03, 2011

So, it's been awhile..

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.  Life has been-yep, you guessed it-crazy.  I mean, how do these army wives do it?  All this transition all of the time.  It's HARD!  Me no likey. 

Now we are in our apartment & I know we will love it if we ever get unpacked.  The problem is our personalities do not lend to getting things done in a timely manner.  I wish my mom or my mother-in-law could come over & help me.  I just need someone to help me, to keep me focused on the task at hand, and to watch Baby Girl.  I want pictures on the walls and boxes gone!  I feel like as soon as we get settled, we will move again.  It is very hard to motivate me normally, but even harder when I know that all this work is only for 5 months.  But I want to have a nice home.  If I wait until we are "settled" I will be waiting years! 

I am SO VERY envious of people who have babies in the same home where they raise them.  I am SO VERY envious of people who can decorate their baby's nursery before their baby is born.  I moved 2 weeks after Baby Girl was born.  This time I am moving 8 weeks before the baby's due date.  Of course I know that pretty nurseries don't really matter, but I am envious nonetheless.  And I am so very thankful we are pregnant again.  So very thankful.  I cannot imagine the heartbreak people go through who have problems getting pregnant.  To sum things up=I AM blessed, but I FEEL sorry for myself.  Yeah, that's about right.

Christmas was alright.  Not the wonderful 1st Christmas I wish Baby Girl could have had, but given the situation, it could have been a lot worse.  The sesame seed inside of me isn't going to have a great 1st Christmas either since his/her daddy will be deployed.  We had lots of gifts to open & our tree was beautiful.  I guess it just didn't feel very special without family.  I am holding out for Christmas 2012 when my famil of 4 will be together & maybe even some family from the states could join us over here-that would be AWESOME!  On a side  note, I love love love saying we are a family of 4!  I have 2 babies, 2 children...blessed am I :)

Ok, as far as general life goes everything is harder.  Between the Germans & the army we have to jump through 20,000 hoops to get anything done-like driving our car or getting Internet or plugging in a friggin' lamp.  In some of our bedrooms our electricity is set up only to work if the overhead light is on.  What??  Yes, so none of the outlets work unless the overhead light is on.  Forget about alarm clocks or night lights or noise machines.  We even tried turning on the overhead & unscrewing the lightbulb, but the lightbulb has to be making an actual electric connection so that didn't work.  We called our landlord about it 2 weeks ago & nothing.  Our car needs new a remewed registration for post & in order to give us a new registration they have to keep our plates for 24 hours so no car for 24 hours.  Make sense?  Not to me, but it must to the army.  I can't go see a German OB until the Americans give me a blood test proving I'm pregnant so I get to take Baby Girl to two appointments instead of one.   If you wait in line for a hour and half for an inspection or a carwash or anything really, the workers can say "sorry-it's our lunch break" come back in an hour and wait again.  Customer service seems non-existant.  SO, if you thought living in Germany was a fun-filled fabulous life, think again!  haha, I think it will get better.  Everyone says this is a great duty station.  Evidence of it is bound to turn up to support that statement sooner or later.

Travel?  Well, maybe if my husband was ever home!  I see more of my daughter who sleeps 16 hours a day than him.  Deep breath & "Serenity Now" :):) Any Seinfield fans out there?

Ahhhhh, doesn't it feel good to get things off your chest?  I try not to be a complainer, but some days I give in.  Today was one of those!

No comments: