Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My Baby Journey

I was inspired by Kathryn over at Singing Through the Rain to document my baby journey and I am really excited about it!  My intention is to update weekly, but we'll see how that goes... :)


The Plan:  Back in October me & Hubby found out his deployment was being moved up 4 months earlier than we had first been told.  We were originally going to start trying when Baby Girl turned one.  (I write that with a knowing grin because I had baby fever since Baby Girl was about 3 months old and definitely wanted to try sooner but due to "logical" reasons, we were going to wait).  Well, when we found out about deployment we said we would start trying in January.  I had an IUD in at the time & wanted it out so my body could have some time to adjust before we started trying.  The problem was that my doctor was 1800 miles away.  So we tried to find a local one to no avail.  We had to get permission from the army & then find a doctor that took Tricare & had an open slot.  We had basically given up & were going to wait until we got to Germany.  Well, I saw the number of one of the doctor's I had called that had been closed when I called.  I called the number & yes, they took Tricare & yes, they had an open slot for the one day that we were able to go!  Then we got to Germany & I am telling you, my baby fever would not go away.  So one night me & Hubby prayed about it & we really gave it to God.  For my part, it was hard because I thought I wanted a baby no matter what God said.  I finally was able to give it to God & told Him that if He wanted us to wait, then I would be obedient.  Well, both me & Hubby felt like God was giving us the green light to start trying so we did.


Finding Out:  We were going to wait until Christmas morning to take the test, but we couldn't!  We bought one of those early pregnancy tests & we saw a faint pink line.  I was estatic and nervous.  Estatic because I knew it meant I was probably pregnant, but nervous because it was so faint.  We could see it, but barely.  I was still physically shaking with joy though.  I made Hubby feel my heart & it was pounding out of control!  We went ahead & told Baby Girl who didn't respond much :)  Then we re-took it on Christmas morning & it was dark pink!  We were SO VERY VERY VERY VERY happy!!  We told our parents that evening via Skype. 


Symptoms: So far, sleepiness in the late afternoon (but nothing like with Baby Girl-maybe because I'm not working?), waking up once a night to "make water", sweet things turn my stomach, when I get hungry I turn into a grouch (that's a new one), and my pregnancy nose is back! I can smell you fom a mile away! :)


Emotions:  I am first of all, so very thankful to God for granting me the priviledge of being pregnant again.  It is an honor to house one of His amazing creations.  I am overwhelmed by His goodness when I think about being pregnant.  This pregnancy is so different for me than my first.  With Baby Girl, I did not enjoy being pregnant.  I actually freaked out shortly after we got pregnant & did not come to peace with my pregnancy until the very end.  I did not realize that a miracle was happening inside of me.  I feel like I "wasted" it by being selfish & immature & just plain clueless.  This time I am going to cherish every second & never take for granted a healthy baby.  After thankful, the next emotion I feel is EXCITED!  Anytime I need a pick me up I just look at my preggo stick (the home kit) & I can't help by smile & giggle!   



The baby: Last week, it was the size of a poppy seed









This week it is the size of a sesame seed! 


I love my little baby sesame seed!!



*I got those photos from Babycenter.com  It is an awesome website if you have kiddos!

No comments: