Friday, January 07, 2011

I'll tell you a secret

I love being a mommy.  (No, that isn't my secret, everyone who knows me knows that!).  It is so very rewarding and fun (and tiring!).  I love making my own babyfood.  I love reading to my daughter.  I love nursing her & making her giggle.  My days are well spent.  I am also learning to love being a housewife.  I am not there yet, but I like it more now than I used to.  I mostly enjoy cooking dinner every night & I enjoy the feeling when my kitchen is cleaned up for the night & everything is in it's place.  All that to say that I am pretty happy where I am right now.  I am content with my main goal in life for the next several years to be a good mommy/housewife.  
BUT...here comes my secret.

I want to be a librarian one day.  Like, I fantasize about it.  I want to catalog books and help college students find the resource they need.  I want to be in charge of things and/or people and have responsiblities. I want to have co-workers again.  Oh man, how I miss having co-workers!  I want to be known for myself & not through my husband or my children.  One of my bigger fears as far as the realm of "it's not the end of the world" fears go is that I will never go back to school & I will never be a librarian.  First of all, the degree is like $50,000 (I think).  Second of all, I was never the best student.  Third of all, I am really not self-disciplined enough to do online courses so we would have to live somewhere where that degree is offered and that isn't everywhere. 
BUT...God could work out the details.  Better in His hands than mine.


So, there you go.  My dirty little secret :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I knew the housewife thing would come to you eventually ;) I love that you're still nursing and loving being a mommy. Im jealous...today :) It has not been a good mommy day!