Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ladybug Two Months

How is the gorgeous child two months old?  I still think my heart might burst from loving her so much.

She still rarely cries.
If I drink milk, her belly gets upset.  (Same as the other two)
She smiles!
She coos.
All 4 of us are completely obsessed, especially Autumn.  And me.  And Chris.  And Caleb.

Now, details to be later recorded in her baby book (I have barely begun Caleb's!  I'm SOOO behind!)
Sleeping
She isn't on a strict schedule and every day it is a bit different, but she roughly naps 4-5 times a day and her awake time each round is about one hour.  When we are not at home, she sleeps less and does OK with it.  She is super flexible!  At night she wakes up once or twice to eat.  Here is the insane thing about that.  I don't wish for her to sleep through the night.  I mean, sure, it will be nice to get sleep, but I am LOVING her as a baby.  Not struggling with postpartum depression this round has been freaking AMAZING (another post about that sometime!). I just want her to stay little for as long as possible.  My 3 year on the other hand drives me to red fury waking up all the time...she woke up more times than Eliza last night.

Eating
She nurses every 2-3 hours.  She is going for longer stretches when we are at home and gets really great naps in, but on the days we are out and about I tend to nurse her more often (less sleep, extra fussiness, more comfort needed?  Not sure, but she eats more often when we aren't at home).

Playing
Hmmmm...not so much.  She does smile a lot now when someone makes eye contact with her.  The other night Chris was holding her and I came over to say hi and as soon as she heard my voice, she perked up!  It made my entire month!!

She brings so much to our family and I absolutely could not imagine life without this beautiful girl!

No comments: