Monday, February 27, 2012

Food Love: Salsa Chicken

Ok folks, this recipe is EASY & YUMMY.  What more could you ask for?  About 4+ years ago, I went on a women's retreat at my church and there was some kind of thingy there where they handed out recipes and this was one of them.  I'm not sure who to credit with the brilliant-ness since it was just a hand written recipe on a piece of paper that I don't have any more.

This is one of my recipes that I fall back on and pretty much keep on hand at all times.  I was going to try to post a new recipe that I tried this past week but I only cooked two new things and they both flopped (hey-it happens).  So I decided to post a tried and true recipe that won't steer you wrong!  It only calls for 4 ingredients (how fab is that?).

Without further ado, may I present the easiest and yummiest salsa chicken in the world:

Ingredients:
Raw chicken breasts (however many you need) & cut that fat off. And those tendons.  Ick.
A taco seasoning packet (any brand will do)
Salsa (Mild! Medium! Hot! Whatever floats your boat!)
Cheddar Cheese

1.  Butter up your baking dish either with butter or spray (honestly, you may be able to skip this step, but I grease everything.  Everything).
2. Place raw chicken in baking dish.
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken (be generous!).
4. Pour salsa on chicken (again-generosity does not go amiss here).
5. Bake until chicken is cooked (try 350 for 30-35 mins for starters).
6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese to your liking on top and bake until melted.

Congratulations, you're done!  Now, EAT!

This chicken is so great because it is flavorful, moist, and cheesy.  You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like and I have yet to make it for someone who doesn't say "Meg, this is so good!" :)

Sorry I don't have a picture.  I have eaten this lots and lots and lots, but never taken a picture.  Next time I make it, I will take a picture and update this post.

I normally serve this meal with Spanish rice and corn.

No comments: