Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Moment by Moment

"Being filled with the Spirit is not a one-time event, but a moment by moment experience".  So says Catherine Martin. 
Bill Bright agrees with her.  He writes, "Every day can be an exciting adventure for the Christian who has discovered the key to supernatural living, for such a person knows the reality of being filled with the Holy Spirit and lives constantly, moment by moment, under His gracious guidance and love". 

It is so simple too.  Just ask.  Well, first confess any sin & then ask.  Bill Bright calls this spiritual breathing (exhale the sin, inhale the Holy Spirit).  I tried it a few minutes ago.  I really tried to think of sin & a few things came to mind, but I know I sin constantly & not that much came to mind.  Being lazy is always a biggie for me.  Also not believing the best in people...which if I'm being honest I think very few people in this world do that one very well.  I'm happy to report that my husband is the only person I know that does that with any consistency.  It's just too easy to point our fingers and say "It's your fault & you should know better". 
Anyway, back on topic.  I tried spiritual breathing & I'm hoping to keep it up.  I don't feel any different, but at least for today I communicated with God for a few minutes which is more than I did yesterday.  I like this moment by moment concept because it's not a big mountain to climb.  It's just seems simple to me.  Me & simple get along.

One other thing that Bill Bright wrote struck me.  He writes, "The Holy Spirit has come to give us a supernatural life more wonderful than the human mind can conceive or comprehend". 

Umm, yeah, I want that please.

No comments: