Friday, September 20, 2013

Ladybug 6 Months

Half a year already! Make it stop!  I can't keep up!

This is the sweetest, snuggliest, most kissable, most huggable bundle of baby perfectness that you ever will meet.

We took a 2 week vacation back East.  She did stellar.  However, before we left she was sleeping 8-12 hours most nights. Now?  Up every 3.  Also, she is having a heckuva time going to sleep at night (not in the middle of the night, but at the beginning bedtime period).  It is wearing me out.  If I don't feed her, she screams and I cannot handle that.  So, that is no bueno.  Not sure what to do about that...

I finally started feeding her rice cereal and bananas this week.  I thought about trying baby led weaning, but decided against it for 2 reasons.  1.) My older two were fed on home made purees and eat just fine.  2.)  My son still smears food in his hair and I didn't want to deal with 2 insanely messy faces 3 times a day.  I am hoping that by the time Eliza is feeding herself, Caleb won't be quite so messy.  This girl child LOVES to eat!  She hosses it down! You know how most babies when first eating pureed kind of let it drip out of their mouth?  This girl sucks her spoon so she doesn't miss a drop.  I'm so happy :)  

She is still nursing (no bottle, no formula).  I wish she would take a bottle, but no such luck as of yet.  She does this thing when she nurses that is so funny.  I will try to explain it.  She flips on her belly and kind of sits up so she is practically sitting up facing me while she nurses!  It is so random and totally her own move.  I've never seen another baby do that before!

But no, she can not sit up on her own yet which makes the nursing thing even more funny :)

She still rarely laughs, but smiles alllll the time.  She has two smiles.  One is pictured above.  It is the sweetest smile of all time and everyone absolutely loves it.  Then she has her big smile.  Where she opens her mouth really big and shows all her teethless gums.  Gorgeous!  The right side of her mouth has always quirked up when she shows her big smile.  I am interested to see how that develops as she ages. 

We missed our 6 month appointment (ok, I never called to make it) so I won't have stats on her until she is almost 7 months.  Shame on mommy.  (But, not really, because who really cares?).    

She now loves baby toys.  Rattles, chewy things, musical toys, you name it.  She is taken with it all :)  She is such a fun little baby! So easy going (except at night!) and so wonderful to be around.  I wish I could inject a little Eliza into everyone's circle.  This world would be a better place if I could. 

No comments: