Friday, June 14, 2013

Ladybug 3 Months




My pumpkin is 3 months old now and I can hardly believe it!  3 months has always been a milestone in my eyes.  In my experience, they tend to sleep more and cry less once they are 3 months.  Of course, this little one rarely cries and sleeps pretty great already!  :)

She has slept through the night 3 times so far.  I think it will be nice once she does on a regular basis, but I am enjoying her little state so much I am in no hurry.

She is still exclusively breast fed.  She is a pretty messy eater!  She lets the milk spill out of her mouth. My other two were very efficient eaters and also loved to eat (especially Autumn) so this is new for me.  I wonder if it will mean she might self wean early.  I hope not.  Although I really don't love breastfeeding, I think it is kind of sweet and pretty dang miraculous.  It is special to be able to do that for my children.

She has found her hands and although I have seen her looking at her feet, she hasn't grabbed them yet.  She sucks on her fist and fingers and even found her thumb once!

She smiles anytime I make eye contact with her and is a very content baby to be doing whatever.  She hangs out in her bouncy seat anytime I need her to and she stays in the swing almost the entire time I work out.  She will lay on her back on a blanket as well.  She also doesn't scream in her car seat.  That is brand new for me!  Both Autumn and Caleb hated their car seats (and Caleb also hated the stroller and any type of shopping cart).

She takes 3 naps a day although the times vary.

This is kind of funny, but she has learned that when Caleb comes over to say hi to flinch away!  She kind of closes her eyes to wait for the impact of his kiss!  Smart little thing!!

She is a precious gift sent from God and we all cherish her.

No comments: